LUTS and Scripting

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

jfotter

Does anyone know how to access the file path that is used in the "Apply Color LUT" effect in AE CS 5.5. I would like to automate the application of LUTS but I need to be able to dynamically apply the path to the LUTS.

Imagine you have 100 shots and each one has their own LUT. I want to write a script that uses the shotname to find the proper LUT and apply it and then be able to render out of After Effects with that LUT applied

Any thoughts?

Jason
Simma

Unfortunately you can't acces that. A workaround is to save the lut as an animation preset and add the animation preset with your script.
jfotter

That's what I was finding. Does anyone know of another way to do this? I looked into LUT Buddy but it looked like the same problem. Does anyone know of another way to deal with LUTS in After Effects
Simma

As much as I'd like it as well I don't think there is a way to set LUTs via scripting. However, speaking of LUTs in AE, you should look into Brendan Bolles OpenColorIO plug-in. It great and fills a gap in the current workflow. It's still in beta and you can download it at http://fnordware.com/OpenColorIO.