Expression to link camera to grid effect.

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

lilsmokie

Expression to link camera to grid effect.
I have been trying to get this to work for some time with no luck.

I am trying to make the grid effect in after effects to work as if it were a never ending 3d layer. I can't use a photo of a grid, I need something that goes on forever and keeps the same line width whenever I zoom in or out.

I am able to get the anchor point to move as if the camera were hovering over the grid. Problems happen when I try to push in and out of the grid.

I need it to scale from where the camera is looking. Instead it scales from its anchor point which makes it look like the grid is sliding away from the camera.

I think I need a way of say ... only scale this much depending on how far away I am from the anchor point.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh
Atomic

Just wondering...

Can't you achieve that effect with MotionTile applied to a layer? Make the layer 3D and roate it along the camera FOV?
"Up And Atom

No...No

Up And At Them!"
lilsmokie

I should say that in this case I am not needing to rotate what so ever. I just need to push in and out and move around the grid in 3d space.

The motion tile effect works very much like the grid. There is an anchor point and a way to scale width and height from that anchor point. As a matter of fact I have a tiler connected to my grid for a texture layer. I still have the same problem to deal with in the tiler.

Thanks for looking.
Josh