AE Text Animation

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

JackKnife77

Hey Guys,

I am trying to create a scrolling text effect. I have a long list of names. I want to move a rectangle through the list of names, cause the names to scale up 10% and change color. I want to keep the leading even as it does this or proportional. It seems like something basic and that you see everyday on the web. A mouse rolls over some type and it grows. I want to rig everything up with an expression slider or something. Basically having a few keyframes do all the work.

So I used the text animator wing menu tools and selection range for line of text, created another text animator to change the color. I am trying to pass the position of the range selector to a null so I can link the rectangle to the selections.

I am wondering if there is a why to use a null to control the line selection range(index instead of %)? Then I could parent the rectangle to the null and both the rectangle and text are all controlled by the null keyframes. What math / expression would I use to do something like this?

Any tips in the right direction would be awesome!