Just Starting Out

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

justinvalle

I have had a basic understanding of what expressions were capable of for a couple years now and I am just now beginning to grasp the language and memorize the code. I have read through much of the forums in expressions and scripting and am very impressed with all of your abilities to solve nearly any problem. I am anxious to learn more and was wondering if there is any literature out there that might accelerate the process. Sometimes you guys reference certain manuals or texts, please list anything you can think of, I am very new to code.
-JV
Disciple

Hello

I don't know of any complete text book about expressions and/or scripting. You will usually find good intros in the Meyer books (I think one of them has an extra sample chapter on expressions in the bonus cd), in Total Training DVD's, and probably in Angie Taylor's books.
But your best bet to learn is probably via sites like this one, Dan Ebberts' Motionscript.com and JJ Gifford's expression site (check the links in one of the threads of this forum).
Hanging around CreativeCow and the AE mailing lists will probably also give you some nice real world examples.

Good luck

Alex
justinvalle

Cool, thanks for the advice.
-JV