Syncing frames using Soundkeys and time re-mapping

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

MrBixler

Hi,

I have a pre-comp with lots of stills in. Each still is 1 frame long. I would like to use Trapcode Soundkeys to play the stills on the beat. I think that time-remap is needed on the pre-comp but I need help with the code, anyone know how to do this?
cob906

What you can do is determine how many frames a beat in your music lasts and then, based upon what frame it is, you can use the modulous operator to find out which frame from your precomp should be displayed.

For example, if it takes 30 frames for a beat to pass in your music, then set the following as the code in the time-remap property of your precomp:

Code: Select all

myFrameRate = 29.97; //Set your frame rate here;
myFrameLength = (1/myFrameRate); //Find the frame length in seconds;
myBeatLength = 30; //In frames;
Math.Round(time%(myBeatLength*myFrameLength));
The code above should give you what you're looking for. Unfortunately I'm rendering something right now and I'm not sure if there are any sytax or other errors.

Let me know if it works!
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

MrBixler wrote:Hi,

I have a pre-comp with lots of stills in. Each still is 1 frame long. I would like to use Trapcode Soundkeys to play the stills on the beat. I think that time-remap is needed on the pre-comp but I need help with the code, anyone know how to do this?
In the precomp with your pics, make sure each pic is one frame long and make a sequence of them. Bring that pre-comp into your sound keys comp and turn on time-remapping.

Set Sound Key to On/Off Trigger, Falloff to None (integrate) and the Output to 0..1. Set the range bar so that it triggers on the beat you want the pics to change on.

Now apply this expression to the time remap property of the pics pre-comp:

sk=Math.round(thisComp.layer("White Solid 1").effect("Sound Keys")("Output 1"));
framesToTime(sk)

You'll have to change the name of the layer to match the name of your layer that has the Sound Keys effect on it..

Here's a movie with a quick test i did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMipmbFyIkA
Lord Scales

cob906 wrote:Code:
myFrameRate = 29.97; //Set your frame rate here;
myFrameLength = (1/myFrameRate); //Find the frame length in seconds;
myBeatLength = 30; //In frames;
Math.Round(time%(myBeatLength*myFrameLength));
Just an observation. To find the frame rate, try this:

FR = 1/thisComp.frameDuration
To find the frame lenght, just:

thisComp.frameDuration
[/quote]
MrBixler

Thanks for your help everybody.
Lloydalvarez, I managed to get exactly what I'm after using your code.

Thanks again team.

Paul