NaN ???

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

SFR75

Hello,

Apparently the latest update for AE CS4 have introduced some rather strange effect - NaN value!
The script which worked fine before now crashes. After some debugging I have found the following.

to reproduce:

3D Solid layer,
property Orientation with just one key
keyInSpatialTangent(1) function returns the following

[0, NaN, 0]

Not only I've never seen NaN value in AE before, there is also no way to work with this value either.
Anybody has any idea what is that, other than a bug ?

Thanks M
Dan Ebberts

Nan is a JavaScript reserved value that indicates that the result is "Not a Number". There are a number of ways you can get this, including trying to divide by zero. I'm not sure why you would get it for your spatial tangent though.

Dan
SFR75

Dan Ebberts wrote:Nan is a JavaScript reserved value that indicates that the result is "Not a Number". There are a number of ways you can get this, including trying to divide by zero. I'm not sure why you would get it for your spatial tangent though.

Dan
Hello Dan,

Yes, I googled it up and I know the meaning of NaN now. Even more, there is some way of handling NaN in AE.

There is a function isNan(x) which tests if x is NaN.
Also there are some numbers like Number.POSITIVE_INFINITY and Number.NEGATIVE_INFINITY - which are also NaNs (despite their Number.. predicate).

Oh well. If anyone has more information on that - thanks for sharing.

M.