pt_SSA Karaoke Animator

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Paul Tuersley

ifritt, I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you explain what you're trying to do in a bit more detail.
awayo

\K or \kf in SSA fill the sillabes from left to right.

Maybe a plug can do it.

Using only expressions and/or scripts is impossible. You can not know the width of each sillabe.
ifrittt

Hmm Ok thanks =p
darwincabilin

guys, is it possible for this script to have any ui for beginners like me
Paul Tuersley

At its simplest, you can just select one of the presets and hit "Import SSA File". You only need to use the rest of the UI if you want to create your own custom animation styles.

Anyway, let me know what problems you're having. All feedback is useful and will help me to improve things in future updates.

Paul T
arnufle

hey paul thx you good script.
but it's possible with your script to have 2 slidercontrol for exemple 1--->0 and 0--->1 ? or maybe with expression omg lol :lol:
Paul Tuersley

You're right, if you want a second set that is the inverse of 1--->0 you could use this expression:

1 - effect("Slider Control")("Slider");

It isn't particularly easy for me to change the script to add extra properties. The only alternate I can think of right now is that as long as your text has no stroke you could use the Stroke Opacity property as a second set of control keyframes.

Paul T
arnufle

yeah i used Stroke Opacity property but i'll take your expression thx paul 8)
good work
arnufle

ouch hum lol ^^
now i want 0 -->1 -->0 -->0 and 0 -->0 -->1 -->0
i wrote :
if (effect("Slider Control")("Slider") == 0) 0 else 1-effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
work! just a little ... because .92-->0 lol
but i prefer because i need my Stroke Opacity property too :lol:
arnufle

for Paul Tuersley,
can you add 4settings and 2 slider control in your new release ?
thx paul i use your script everytime :wink:
Paul Tuersley

Adding those things would be relatively simple. Although it'll also make the UI look even more intimidating for new users. I'd like to find some way of making it easier to use AND more powerful.

If anyone else has any ideas how the script could be improved, feel free to join in. Also, if you have any examples of what you've been doing with the script on youTube or something, please post a link.

Paul T
ifrittt

What that slider control do? o.o
ifrittt

For future updates i think you should put more than 3 settings. Very useful for do variable effects=o
Paul Tuersley

Hi ifrittt,

The Slider Control adds an Expression Controls > Slider Control effect, creating an animated value that does nothing on it's own, but you can link another property (i.e. an effect's property) to it using expressions.

How many settings would you like? Presumably 5, so you can set separate values for each of the Before, Start, Mid, End and After. Along with arnufle's request for an extra slider control property, it looks like the palette/UI is going to get bigger and bigger. An alternative approach is for me to try and tie the script into presets to allow much more customisation while having a simpler UI, but that'll probably take a fair bit of work.

Anyone who's interested in an update, let me know what you think.

Paul T
arnufle

Paul Tuersley wrote:Hi ifrittt,

The Slider Control adds an Expression Controls > Slider Control effect, creating an animated value that does nothing on it's own, but you can link another property (i.e. an effect's property) to it using expressions.

How many settings would you like? Presumably 5, so you can set separate values for each of the Before, Start, Mid, End and After. Along with arnufle's request for an extra slider control property, it looks like the palette/UI is going to get bigger and bigger. An alternative approach is for me to try and tie the script into presets to allow much more customisation while having a simpler UI, but that'll probably take a fair bit of work.

Anyone who's interested in an update, let me know what you think.

Paul T

:D :D :D yeahhh i wait your script !!! in the future, I will post a clip withh your script and the fabulous slidecontrol for example :wink: