The After Effects Preset is very useful.
But like I'm newb in AE, I don't really know how to use it...
The basic steps are:
1. Use the script to apply an existing SSA_Animator preset (either kind).
2. Delete all but one of the resulting layers.
3. Twirl open the remaining layer to reveal the properties/keyframes in the Timeline.
4. Edit the keyframes, add/remove text properties or effects.
5. Press the U key to show just the keyframes.
6. Select all the keyframes and choose Animation > Save Animation Preset.
There are a few other things to be aware of:
a. If you're applying any new text properties, add them to Animator 1.
b. Don't use Text Opacity properties in your preset. Use the layer's main Opacity property instead.
I tried with the Ifrit Preset, which rox ^^, and I don't know how to edit it, like changing position to the top (by default centered),
Move the text layer to the top, press P to view the layer's Position property, click the stopwatch to add a keyframe and include that keyframe in your selection when you save the preset (alternatively you could use the text layer's Text Position property). Just make sure the keyframe isn't earlier in time than the others or it will become the new 'start' keyframe.
changing the color of the text before, during and after the karaoke, and the color of the strokes/effect.
You add the text properties Fill Color and/or Stroke Color (RGB) and keyframe the colors. It should be pretty straightforward, check out the Color Highlight preset for an example. If you want a stroke, make sure it isn't set to transparent in the Character panel before running the script.
Does that help?