Shape Layer Gradient Fill Color Values?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

bradshaw1965

Hi folks.

Is there a way to set Gradient Fill Color Values via scripting. I'm getting the PropertyValueType.NO_VALUE enumerated type using Jeff's rd_GimmePropPath.

btw. Thanks to Paul, and indirectly Jeff, for pointing me to rd_GimmePropPath, it makes exploration a lot easier. I was getting all twisted around trying to use the Extendscript Reflection object and this gives you a much more direct view of the structure.
Dale Bradshaw
Technology Director | Primal Screen
creative-workflow-hacks.com
Atlanta, GA
redefinery

bradshaw1965 wrote:Is there a way to set Gradient Fill Color Values via scripting.
hey dale,

unfortunately, you can't set or get PropertyValueType.NO_VALUE prop type values at this time.

the only sort of workaround i can think of is to save a preset containing the gradient you want, then use the AVLayer applyPreset() method. however, that won't work on an existing shape layer because it'll create a new group, not apply it to an existing group.

please be sure to file a feature request for access to shape gradient props. thanks.

:jeff
bradshaw1965

Hey Jeff,

bummer. I think I've got some workarounds I can do in this case, but I'll be sure and file a feature request. I've sort of gotten used to values that are calculated in seperate dialogs being inaccessible.

Dale
Dale Bradshaw
Technology Director | Primal Screen
creative-workflow-hacks.com
Atlanta, GA