Position drives opacity

Moderators: Disciple, zlovatt

Disciple

Hello

I have a grid of 8 layers on one part of my comp, and I'm animating the position of a solid over them. Each of these layers is tied to the opacity of 8 other layers in the comp. i.e when my solid is over one layer, a corresponding layer in the comp is visible and the 7 others are not.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks
Alex
Mylenium

http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?t=892

Pretty much the same applies here.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
Disciple

Thanks Mylenium

However I need a third parameter here don't I? I mean, I can get the position of my pointer layer affect the opacity of my main layer, but this position has to be specified by the place the pointer layer is on the grid...
Does this make sense?

It is kind of like a chooser, you would be on a certain position in a grid of choices, and that choice would appear in another part of the comp

Alex
Disciple

HI actually got this work fine with your method. Thanks for that. Since I'm pretty rusty and trying to figure this out, could you remind how to make the opacity change abruptly rather than easing? I assume I need to use another method than linear, but I'm not sure which one

Thanks
Alex
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Alex,

If you set the Max Distance to 0 it should will cut the opacity instead of tweening it.

-Lloyd