Parenting Layers On The TimeLine

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

afterguy

Hi, Lloyd Alvarez...
I'm sure you'll read this topic and I think you can give me the answer I'm looking for...
I have a need of a feature in After FX that is not availabe yet. The feature is parenting or say Chaining the layers on the TimeLine. When I hold just one layer and move it on the timeline, I need all chained layers to move together. Well, I am curious if such kind of feature can be made by the help of scripting? The Pre-Comping solution is not working in this case, because the layers can be separate in the stacking order, and some of them have Blending Modes applyed. That's why they cannot be pre-comped.
Thank you for your attention...

By the way, I'm the guy who requested the 'Temporarly Shying Un_selected Layers'. First, thank you for the aswer.
Well, I already use your 'Zorro - The layer Tagger' script. It's a great script and very much useful. However, the script doesn't allow to isolate the selected layers that dont have tags. This makes me a bit sad... If you modify the script and make it work even if the layers dont have tags, it's gonna be just excellent!!!... Consider this: Select two layers that dont have tags; press the Isolate Button; the script isolates them; the button turns into Release Button; work with the layers and when you finish press the Release Button, which loads the last hidden layers. I would appreciate this feature, because sometimes we have to isolate such layers that have nothing in common say an audio layer and a solid, in this case giving tags to such layers just makes a mess of tags. I woul like to keep my tags section clean and neat for better and faster workflow.
Once again thanks for your attention, and I hope I'm not too much....