script that exports motion tracking data to spreadsheet form

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

myloman

I am looking for a script that will export the attach point data (x,y pixel location) from the timeline after track motion has completed the sequence. The information to be exported should also include frame number and video title.
Here's the objective:
I have multiple .wmv videos that need to be analyzed for "object of interest" movement within the video. I can track the motion of the object of interest with no apprent problems, however I need to export every frame's attach point info to a spreadsheet for statisical analysis. I have heard that this information can be copied and pasted frame by frame into Excel or some other program, but that becomes time consuming and tedious given the amount of video footage this pertains to. I have the latest version of AE, can this be done?

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Myloman
Paul Tuersley

myloman wrote:I have heard that this information can be copied and pasted frame by frame into Excel or some other program, but that becomes time consuming and tedious given the amount of video footage this pertains to.
It isn't "frame by frame". You can copy the entire set of keyframes and paste them into Excel in one step. It's probably worth at least trying that before you look at creating a script to do it instead.

Paul