croeCam, - Multiple Automatic Camera interpolation

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

ChrisRoe

I have written a script that takes the time and frustration out of animating cameras in after effects. Those of you who have used SteadyCam or CS_MoCam will be familiar with the process used in croeCam. In a nutshell, you simply add a camera, aim it at the desired 3d layer and repeat until satisfied. Once this is done, you keyframe a slider which drives the interpolation between the cameras you have added and viola, you're finished!

Additional features include the ability to add camera shake to your camera, fine position and rotation adjustments to get the exact position you were after, and an integrated camera targeting system that allows you to have your desired camera stay focused on a layer of your choosing.

There's more to it, but it's better to just play with it and see what you can do with it, so without furthur ado -

http://www.croedesign.com/croecam.php

Have fun and please send me some feedback if you enjoy it, find a bug, or have a suggestion!

-Chris Roe

** Note: Before use, make sure all of your cameras Auto-Orientation settings are set to OFF, this will not work if they are on!

*** 2/1/2009 - I have added a basic video tutorial showing how to get up and running with the croeCam, the web page has also changed
locations.
Last edited by ChrisRoe on February 2nd, 2009, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisRoe

*bump for new web address and video.*
ChrisRoe

Bump for a few bug fixes and additional functionality.

Features no longer stop working on the last camera (ie, wiggle and targeting)

You now have an additional option to align your camera to your targets Z rotation, this is primarily for titles.

** Note that if you have already been using croecam, the file extensions have changed, it is now jsxbin, so make sure you use this one instead! ;)
Jorritschulte

Nice, Its kinda Like Andrew Kramers Sure Target huh...
It might be easier in some cases though

Thanks! :D