Tepmporary Shying Un_Selected Layers

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

afterguy

Hi, guys. I've a request of a script that I feel so much of need when I'm working with a huge stack of layers. Sometimes we have to work with many layers which we cannot make shy; very often I need to synchronize keyframes or markers or even the in and out points of layers which are so apart from each other in the stacking order; say, the second layer and the 25th layer. In these cases it's so hard to work just with the two layers. It's pain to use the shy button in this case because we would already have had some layers shy; and making shy the layers between the two layers adds them to the previously shyed layers. when we finish with the two spesific layers (2d and 25th) we need to work with the layers between them and pushing the unshy button, unshys all of the layers, even those that we dont need, and this is what makes the shy option not so useful in this case. Whenever I've encountered such a situation I always wanted to select the layers I want to work with for that moment, and press a hotkey, which would hide all the other layers on the timeline, this way I would work more spaciously with the selected layers. After finish, pressing the hotkey again would unhide the temporarly hidden layers, not touching the originally shyed leyers. I think this would be managed by some script that would have two buttons on a palette; one button for hiding the Un_selected layers, and the second one for restoring the temporarly hidden layers. In fact there is the X hotkey which hides all layers above the selected layer, but it warks only with one layer.
Anyway, thank you for your attention and I hope there is someone who would make the live with After FX much easier by making such useful script...
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Check out my Zorro script:

http://aescripts.com/zorro-the-layer-tagger/

-Lloyd