Filter animation curves similar to NUKE

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

Daniel_SW

Okay, i posted this earlier on CGSocieties so i'm just going to make a copypasta here, it explains clearly what i need. I hope someone here can help me out. It doesn't need to be a custom made script as long as it's working ;)

I need to filter an animation curve that contains slight jerky motion at some points (from tracking.) It would be really handy to have the possibility to filter out fast movements from the curve instead of manually correct it. NUKE has and excellent filter that dampen fast movements in a curve. It's exactly what i need.

Perhaps there is a custom made script for AE? It's important that this tool won't affect the amount of points in the curve, so a 'simplify curve' is not an option unfortunately.

Thanks

Hope someone can help.
Cheers
Navstar

Have you tried The Smoother?
Paul Tuersley

Using The Smoother (Window > Smoother) will result in changing the number of keyframes / points in the curve, so the smooth expression is probably better suited for this. Apply an expression like this to the property you want to smooth out:

Code: Select all

widthSecs = 0.2;
numSamples = 5;
smooth(widthSecs, numSamples);
I've also written a script which automatically applies expressions including smooth:
http://www.aenhancers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=139