Destabilize Layer script

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

scribling

I use the Destabilize Layer script all the time and it's great. Except that I need an intermediate comp between the destab and the stab comps. Can someone alter this script so it does that?

Destab comp ---> build/work comp ---> stabilized comp

As it is now I have to copy and paste those expressions.

Thanks.
Paul Tuersley

You could just precompose the final layer, selecting the 'Leave all attributes....' option to create an intermediate comp. You'd also need to collapse the layer in the new precomp.

Paul T
mrtz

Hello Paul,

I just tried both your "destabilize Layer" script and the solution via 3d layer/camera, but they both did not work.

What i want to do is: stabilize a layer, than remove some spots with the clone stamp and then again use the destabilized material.

The problem with the script is: I get the two stabilised and destabilised comps but how can I use the clone stamp in the stabilised version in order to see its output in the destabilised one? I tried with pre-comp but it did not work and gave my an Expression error.

When I try the the 3d layer/camera way (stabilise, make 3d layer of this layer, make a camera-layer and parent this layer to the stabilised layer) I do not see a difference when turning off the camera.

Can you please help?

Thanks a lot,

mrtz