Auto-> 'Upres Comp' > 'add Filter' > 'add to Render Queue'

What type of scripts do you need?

Moderator: byronnash

lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Brent,

So I had some free time today and i ran a batch of 750 files and didnt have any problems. I did do the test on a machine with 8gb of ram so that might not have been a fair test. But it does lead me to think that your problems are memory related so I implemented that memory management that I mentioned earlier and I caught a naming error which I also fixed.

Re- download the latest version (1.2) and let me know how it works for you. http://aescripts.com/scripts/InstantHD_ ... or.jsx.zip
nab

Hey Lloyd,
if you want you can choose the default folder to open, which is useful for script like yours.
Example for Windows:

Code: Select all

var presetFolder = new Folder("C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS3/Support Files/Presets");
var myPreset = presetFolder.openDlg("Select Animation Preset...", "*.ffx", false);
The second parameter is the file filter, I think you have to write your own filter function on Mac (something like "return true if file extension is ok"..) and on Windows the filter doesn't seem to work when we use openDlg (but this works when we use fileGetDialog !?). That shouldn't be a big deal for your script since in general there are only ffx files in the preset folders. The third parameter allows you to select multiple files.

(did you intentionally keep alert("1"), alert("2"),.., or are they debug messages you forgot to remove ?)
boxwrench

Awesome Lloyd, thank you for having another look at that.

We're still having the same issue here and unfortunately stuck with the slow solution.
AE 7 and 8 on the Mac Pro Quad-core/Leopard is just plain not happy...ever. Unexpected quits left and right, sometimes can't even open the application. The problem has to be an issue with the OS, there's just too much freaky stuff going on for it to be script related.

On my old G4 with Dual 1Ghz procs, running Tiger and AE 7, I'm able to add 100 files to the project and run the script, then I have to render the entire batch. If I add 101 or more, AE quits during the running of the script. If I add 100 clips and run the script, they end up in the render queue but then I try to import another round of even a couple more clips and AE quits as soon as the script is run for a second time. Doubling up like this works if the total number of scripts added to the reder queue is less than 100.

So, for what ever reason, being able to batch more than 100 clips at a time is proving difficult.
Still chugging along though...the old G4 will probably be able to crunch though for about the next 2 weeks.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hi Brent,

Out of curiosity how much Ram do you have on the MacPro Quad-core and do you have the Multiprocessing option turned on?

It's hard to me to move forward since I am not able to repro this here, like I said I processed 750 files without incident. I was hoping that the memory garbage collection I added might have solved your problem, although it ran fine for me here without it.

Lastly I would suggest a complete reinstall of AE on your MacPro. Use this process to uninstall first http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

ALSO: don't forget to unauthorize your install first.

-Lloyd
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

nab wrote: (did you intentionally keep alert("1"), alert("2"),.., or are they debug messages you forgot to remove ?)
Oops, thanks for catching that Nab! Yes, was there for debugging reasons. Took those out and put in the default folder path to the presets folder. So latest version is 1.3.

http://aescripts.com/scripts/InstantHD_ ... or.jsx.zip

-Lloyd
boxwrench

Still having issues with the MacPro. It has 12GB of RAM installed that used to be recognized all the time, now it only sees 6GB of the RAM.
Script runs fine, and goes straight to the Presets folder (nice touch) but the render causes AE to hang and then "Quit while unresponsive".

I had updated the ATI Radeon firmware weeks ago, and I think the problems may have started then. All of a sudden a new firmware update for the ATI Radeon cards came down the pipe in Software Update yesterday (strange...so soon...was something wrong maybe?)
Applying the update did not solve the problem though. Script runs, AE quits on render.

I think I need to try a re-install next and find out why only half of my RAM is being recognized.
lloydalvarez wrote: ALSO: don't forget to unauthorize your install first.
-Lloyd
Do you have any details on doing this "Unauthorize" process? I couldn't find any info about it.
Thanks.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hey Brent,

If your RAM is not being recognized then you definitely have some ram issues.. I am sure that's why your renders are crashing. The good news (at least on this end) is that the script is working :-)

Here's info on authorizing and de-authorizing an install:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEf ... C3FBA.html

-Lloyd
FireDancer

Lloyd,

I know this is an old thread but...

I am still running CS3 (I know, I know...) but I desperately need this script. I have a mere 500 clips to do. I tried to DL the script but found out that hotlinking to AEscripts.com wasn't allowed. I went to the aescripts.com site but I couldn't find the script. Must be too old... like me.

Is there anyway I can get this script? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Bob
-----
FireDancer Productions, Inc.
www.FireDancer.tv
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Hi Bob,

That script was replaced with the much more capable BatchProcessor: http://aescripts.com/batchprocessor/

-Lloyd
FireDancer

Cool. Just bought it. Thanks!
Bob
-----
FireDancer Productions, Inc.
www.FireDancer.tv