This was something I put together to help out a co-worker. He was creating a long series of solids as backgrounds behind his keyed clips and having to trim them up as he went to match the duration of each shot in the timeline. So simply put, this script will allow you to select one or more layers and create a solid, choose the color and place it directly below the footage layer and it will trim the in and out points of the new solid to match the footage duration.
Also this script was created and used on Mac with AE CS4. I have no clue if it even works on PC, sorry.
- Dockable (or can be run from the scripts menu)
- Custom color for every solid created
- Places new solid directly underneath selected video layer
- Trims the in and out points to match selected video layer
- Names new solid the same as video layer plus the word "Backdrop"
What it DOES NOT do right now:
- Let you type a custom name
- Fit the video layer size (always same size as comp)
- Make your coffee
- Solve the worlds problems
All things .jsx
Moderator: Paul Tuersley
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Thanks Yenaphe and you're welcome, now you don't need to trouble shoot how to write it and you can start enjoying it.Very nice David ! I was actually looking at creating a script to do the same thing
Thanks, I'm assuming you have a windows machine? Just curious how the color picker part of the code will work or not work.mandaodex wrote:Thanks. I'l test it
I've spread the word (http://www.yenaphe.info/a-little-smart- ... r-effects/), so I won't be alone enjoying itvfxman wrote: Thanks Yenaphe and you're welcome, now you don't need to trouble shoot how to write it and you can start enjoying it.