Upload to Client site[work in progress]

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

byronnash

http://www.armoredsquirrel.com/scripts/dialog.zip

This is a work in progress script. It's basically the front end of a tool that would allow you to send a movie and thumbnail image with pertinent info to a web database. This script will collect information about the comp and project and write it to a file.

Instructions:
Note: Before using this script, you will need to load the Render Settings and Output Module Templates. The script calls them by name. Also remember where you put the db.txt file. The db.txt file is a proxy for the data received from a web database.

1. Select a comp
2. Run the script
3. Pick a folder where you would like the .mov,.jpg, and.txt files to be written.
4. Select the db.txt file
5. Enter data into the dialog box that comes up.

This is what the Dialog looks like.
Here is an example of what it puts into the Render Queue.
This is what the text file it writes looks like.

Right now this script isn't very useful because it doesn't actually connect to a remote server yet. I hope that posting this I can help people by giving them some example code to look at for other scripts. I will be updating this script as it evolves.
Impudent1

very nice :) I have done some playing with sending things back and forth with mysql so I will have to peek at your work when I get a chance.

If nothing else it should be pretty straight forward to make a new table and then have the script you wrote output a text files that will connect to mysql and populate it
Disciple

That is exactly what I've been thinking of developping. How have you been going around doing this? Using the Socket object?
If so, can the socket object upload the rendered file/thumbnail and .txt file that will populate the mySql db?
Do you do that with php?
Impudent1

hmm didnt even think about using the socket object. My thoughts were to just dump out a text file that contained all the INSERT information. Then running that file as a bat file from the script.

so on those lines the text would dump out lines of:

INSERT INTO clientDB (`client`, `project`,`name`,`comments`,`notify`,`embed`) VALUES ("clientname","projectname", "comments", "notify", "embed") ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE project=project+1;

into the text file depending on the way the script was run, you would also have to make a check that if there was no path, login/passwords etc saved in the user prefs to dialog for it so you can add that at the head of the bat file logging you in.

I will read up on the socket object tonight. I am leaving the batch muster submit script for a couple days while I see if anyone smarter than me can fix it ;)
byronnash

I hope we can get some collaboration going and get this script working. That would be great. I still need to build in a few things like a username password prompt for starters.
Impudent1

Well I have been beating my head on trying to make a mysql socket connection, I did notice that even tho in the docs it says you can use an ip, even the emailmethods demo does not seem to work, have to use the domain name. Also I have been getting huge stack overflow errors on trying different things.