Moving Items into a Folder

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

ckelley

When the script runs, a folder is created along with some comps. Right now, when the script is done I have the new folder, and all the new comps, all created in the root of the project window.

Any ideas on how to either create the comps inside the new folder to start with? Or move them into the new folder after they are all created?

TIA
Chris Kelley
byronnash

Or move them into the new folder after they are all created?
Let me know if you find how to do this. I thought maybe if you had the folder selected when you duplicated a comp, it might work, but no.

Here is how to make a comp in a folder.

var folderTest = proj.item(1).items;//sets the itemCollection to the first folder in the project instead of the root folder

// create final comp
var compW = 720; // comp width
var compH = 486; // comp height
var compL = 90; // comp length (seconds)
var compRate = 29.97; // comp frame rate
var compBG = [0/255,0/255,0/255] // comp background color

var FinalComp = folderTest.addComp('Final Segment Titles',compW,compH,.9,compL,compRate);
FinalComp.bgColor = compBG;
ScottG

did anyone ever figure out how to move project items into an existing folder? i was just trying to do this myself and so was searching the forums for a solution, because everything i've tried doesn't work.
redefinery

Hi ScottG,

If you are using AE 7, you can use the Item parentFolder attribute which is now read/write; it was read-only in AE 6.5.

Jeff
ScottG

guess i've gotta upgrade then!