Possible to slect project setup (incl folders) on startup?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Simma

I know of (and use) the "LoadProjectSetup" script. It works great, but as I use AE for a lot of different things, I would like to be able to choose brtween different setups. So my question is if it's possible tp write a script that when you start AE you get a dialog box that asks you what type of project setup you want to load, say "Compositing", Motion Graphics", "Conversion" etc for example.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

I updated my loadProject script to v2.0 with this functionality. To can download it here: http://aescripts.com/load-project-at-startup/

Cheers,
-Lloyd
Simma

Lloyd, you're a star. Absolutely brilliant. Just what I needed :). One suggestion to improve even more would be to add a "save as" dialog when the project is loaded, as you could accidentely save your project and thereby overwrite your template at the moment. Or load the template as a "untitled project" somehow.
Simma

By the way, I'm taking your class at fxphd at the moment. Great stuff!
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

Simma wrote:Lloyd, you're a star. Absolutely brilliant. Just what I needed :). One suggestion to improve even more would be to add a "save as" dialog when the project is loaded, as you could accidentely save your project and thereby overwrite your template at the moment. Or load the template as a "untitled project" somehow.

Gald you like it. All you need to do is change the extension of your projects from .aep to .aet and they will open as Untitled Projects in After Effects.

Cheers,
Lloyd