Image Sequences

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

philspitler

I am starting work on a script that will work with image sequences, nothing as elaborate as Llloyd's "Immigration".

The first thing I need to do is to identify all the image sequences in a project.

I was hoping that the filename provided by AE would contain [ ] so that I could search for files that contain them.

I am gonna start by using the "FootageSource isStill" attribute to determine if the item is a movie but was hoping of a more elegant way of working.

Once I find the image sequences, I want report back the frame ranges....

Any tips with image sequences?

Cheers.

Phil
Phil Spitler
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

I have found that AE doesn't always use the [] on sequences. Might have to do with the length of the name ore something. So unfortunately that means you can't rely on it to determine if it is a sequence. I think using FootageSource isStill plus checking out the source file to make sure it's not a movie is the way to go.

Btw, it took me months to come up with a solid algorithm to detect file sequences btw. Of course I needed to be able to account for any naming convention which is a problem you won't have so it should be much easier. Knowing the naming pattern makes sequence detection very easy.

-Lloyd
philspitler

Yep, I figured it would be a nightmare....

Thanks Lloyd.

Phil
Phil Spitler