Render Settings template

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

ernpchan

Is there a way to check if a specific template is applied to Render Settings in the queue? I can see that we can applyTemplate and saveAsTemplate but I don't see anything to get or check the name of the template.

Or is there a way to see if "Skip existing files" is enabled in the Render Settings window?
vfxman

Is there a way to check if a specific template is applied to Render Settings in the queue?
Sadly, no. I'm dealing with this issue right now myself. I've already put in my feature request for it too.
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/in ... e=wishform

Or is there a way to see if "Skip existing files" is enabled in the Render Settings window?
app.project.renderQueue.item(index).skipFrames
It will tell you how many frames are being skipped, so if you do a simple if/else statement you can check to see if it's on or not like so...

Code: Select all

var skip=app.project.renderQueue.item(index).skipFrames;
If(skip==0){
     alert("Skip is off.");
}else{
     alert("Skip is on.");
}
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

vfxman wrote:
It will tell you how many frames are being skipped, so if you do a simple if/else statement you can check to see if it's on or not like so...

Code: Select all

var skip=app.project.renderQueue.item(index).skipFrames;
If(skip==0){
     alert("Skip is off.");
}else{
     alert("Skip is on.");
}
I don't think that is the same thing. I think app.project.renderQueue.item(index).skipFrames is a feature that is not exposed in the UI that allows you render every nth frame which is not the same thing as the "Skip Existing Frame" feature in the render settings. Here's the description from the scripting guide:

RenderQueueItem skipFrames attribute
Description
The number of frames to skip when rendering this item. Use this to do rendering tests that are faster than a full render.
A value of 0 skip no frames, and results in regular rendering of all frames. A value of 1 skips every other frame. This is equivalent to "rendering on twos." Higher values skip a larger number of frames.
The total length of time remains unchanged. For example, if skip has a value of 1, a sequence output would have half the number of frames and in movie output, each frame would be double the duration.

Trust, I would love for you to be right as BG Renderer would benefit hugely from knowing the status of the "Skip Existing Frames" setting but unfortunately this is not it.

Lloyd