AE 7 and jsx

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

mpowers

Does anyone have any new or info about AAE 7 and jsx?

Will there be any improvements...like access to all item properties etc.

Just wondering! :?:
Mylenium

Like Steve Roberts said once on the CreativeCOW forum:

Those who know won't tell, those wo tell don't know.

So better don't wind yourself up about things that might or might not be and stay patinet for a few more weeks or months.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]
mpowers

I guess I'll wait.

But I'm pretty fed up with jsx. I'm used to 3DS MAXscript, where you can create custom attributes in glodal track for persistent storage of anything, amd the overall access of items is sooo much easier. I'm about to bite the bullet and start using the sdk instead - even for simple tasks.

It really is tedious scripting jsx, and the documentation seems poorly written (to me). I can spit out from scratch a UI and a 3DS tool in 10 minutes - not so with jsx.

JMTC :evil:
Mylenium

Yepp, it's not very comfortable - to much needs to be defined/ declared by the user and you always have to build an endless chain of variables and functions to get things done. Still, I've known scripting from 3D programs and except perhaps for Maya's MEL, which uses C like syntax and is documented excelently, I find the several different implementations of Perl, Lua, Python and TCL there even more awkward to use. So I guess Adobe didn't do the worst thing by choosing Java/ JavaScript.

Mylenium
[Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]