Scripting Cryptomatte

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

bobweb

Hello,

since I could not find anything about Cryptomatte in the documentation, I try it here: I would like to write a script for the Cryptomatte effect so I get a masked composition for every Cryptomatte object saved in a multi-layered EXR. I have already written a similar script working with RGB mattes, now I would like to do the same with Cryptomattes - I just cannot find if there is a scripting access and if so, how it works.

I have already found out that the Output value is managed with a number - but for some reason it seems to be readOnly and cannot be set by script. Is that true? With the settings object I was not able to get anything in or out by script without the proper syntax...

When adding a new Cryptomatte effect by script, it is completely empty, also the manifest is not there. This must be retrieved from the metadata of the EXR I guess... somehow...

Has anyone more knowledge about this topic?

Thanks,
Bob
bobweb

In the meantime I have contacted the creators of the ProEXR plugin directly. They were very (!) supportive and fast and provided me with an updated EXR plugin. Thanks again! They confirmed that the Cryptomatte settings cannot be scripted, because Adobe provides no suitable data type to use in that case.

If anybody else is interested in getting automatic creation of compositions from Cryptomatte IDs, please contact fnordware directly (https://www.fnordware.com/about/).

Thanks,
Bob