I need some guidance here from some hardcore scripters;

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

lkoudal

I thought it best if I made a description of what I wanted to do, then maybe you fine people could help guide me in the right direction:

What I want to do, is to create a web interface (php/mysql) where a user can log in, change some basic settings of a project, and then start a render of the project with these settings.

What I imagined doing (but it seems more and more unlikely);

- Create a project where the animation has been set up properly (layers, images, text, etc.)

- Create a php/mysql interface where the user can change things such as background colour, images (logo's and the like) and also text (here is the biggest problem I imagine)

- After clicking "submit" in the webinterface, I plan to create a script file dynamically (based on a template) and using a search-and-replace, change the contents such as "%%bgcolor%%" to the chosen bgcolor, and so forth.

-Launch after effects with this script, which opens the project file, and modifies the properties of the different layers and so forth.

-AE then renders the modified version to a specified folder (which can also be modified in the web-interface)

This is in theory what I want to do, but I feel there might be several problems here; Any feedback, comments and so forth will be more than welcome.

One of the problems that I am aware of, is the problem of changing text in a layer. I am aware that this is a problem, and it might not be possible to create a textlayer dynamically and then modify the font, size, etc. But how about my above suggestion? will that be possible?

Thank you again for any guidance that you can give me.
Shinjipierre

Why don't you use flash for that ?
lkoudal

I think you might have turned me in the right direction with just those 7 words!

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers,

Lars Koudal