Localizing scripts

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

bradshaw1965

Hey folks,

Are any of you guys localizing your scripts? I'm starting to work on my coding standards as I move from learning syntax et.al. to developing production scripts and I'm trying to avoid being Anglo specific.

Jeff I noticed your using a localized string object, do you have somebody who helps with specific localizations or do you simply leave that up to the user?

Best,

Dale
Dale Bradshaw
Technology Director | Primal Screen
creative-workflow-hacks.com
Atlanta, GA
redefinery

Hey Dale,

I don't have any resources myself, other than any kind souls in the community that want to translate my strings. :-)

I haven't tried using the built-in auto-selection of translated strings, so I'm not sure if my rd_localize() wrapper and various dictionaries are set up correctly. The intent was to create a solution that'd work in both AE 6.5 (string selection based on app.language) and 7.0 (auto-selection).

I think the only script I tried doing any basic translation on was "rd: Comp Renamer", and that was mainly because I could run the app in different languages to get the translation for the word "Comp". One of these days I'll get around to investigate it in more depth.

Jeff
bradshaw1965

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I hadn't realized that 7 had introduced auto-selection of translated strings. So much to learn....

Best,

Dale
Dale Bradshaw
Technology Director | Primal Screen
creative-workflow-hacks.com
Atlanta, GA