edittext changed in cs3 ?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

slawes

I'm starting to re-write some of my scripts to work in cs3 and have found that the 'return' key does not apply a carriage return when typing text into an 'edittext' box. Here's the code -

win.infopnl = win.add('panel', [20,225,530,395], 'Info');
win.infocomment = win.infopnl.add('edittext', [20,60,420,140], "", {multiline: true});

I was trying to find examples where someone has already done this in cs3, and downloaded Jeff's rd_SimpleConsole.jsx script, but couldn't do a carriage return in that either.

What's gone and changed in cs3 to stop this working ?

Thanks,
Stephen.
redefinery

slawes wrote:I'm starting to re-write some of my scripts to work in cs3 and have found that the 'return' key does not apply a carriage return when typing text into an 'edittext' box.
hi stephen,

are you on Mac or Windows? i think on Windows you can use Ctrl+Enter, but it's equivalent isn't supported on Mac, unfortunately.

:jeff
slawes

I'm on a mac - haven't tested it on windows yet, but tomorrow I shall.
Its seems a shame that this isn't supported on the mac, especially since it was working in ae 7.
I'm just curious on what changed from 7 to cs3 that would stop this working ?
Thanks for replying Jeff.

Stephen
slawes

Oh, and are there any workarounds ?

Stephen
redefinery

slawes wrote:I'm just curious on what changed from 7 to cs3 that would stop this working ?
stephen... i'm not sure specifically what changed, but the ScriptUI stuff did get lots of changes for CS3 (e.g., support for dockable panels). yeah, i was hoping it'd work, as i wanted to use it in my Folder Setup script.

i'm not aware of any workarounds other than creating the text elsewhere and then pasting it into the edittext control, which is not really ideal. i can't check right now, but if your script is launched as a regular/non-dockable script (i.e., from File > Scripts > Run Script File), does it work?

:jeff