Trying to use AE to C4D with Foundry's Camera Tracker

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Dave Docimo

I am trying to use AE to C4D with Foundry's Camera Tracker. I am running CS5 and C4D 11.5. I wanted try the test project first. When I import the Test Comp_AEtoC4D.txt the scene is incorrect. It is impossible to line up the reference nulls because everything seems to be backwards. The camera is rotated almost 90 degrees and the entire scene is oriented all wrong. There has to be something I am missing. Here is a link to a frame grab from C4D. http://bit.ly/ej1bdF Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Paul Tuersley

Hi Dave,

From the screenshot it looks like you just haven't chosen to view the scene through the camera. The top left view is labelled 'perspective'. From the viewport menu choose Camera > Scene Cameras > Camera 1.

Paul
Dave Docimo

Hey Paul thanks for the response, I realized that on import I was sitting on the last frame in the sequence. I just assumed I was on frame one. Obviously the nulls don't line up on frame 75. Yes, I feel stupid, but I haven't had any problems since. Thanks for the great script.
Kdogg1221

does anyone no a tut. on how to put 3d text into cinema 4d after you save from ae with your tracking points and have them stick, i know how to load them but how do i put my scene in with the right camera motion and everything else.