pt_EffectSearch

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Paul Tuersley

A floating palette that lets you search for effects throughout a project.
Download pt_EffectSearch from aescripts.com

Note: This script requires After Effects 6.5 or later.

Last edited by Paul Tuersley on May 13th, 2006, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shinjipierre

Really useful, good work ^^
ckelley

Nice script. I remembered it being here from a long time ago, and needed something like this today. Formatting of the returned results was a little messed up on Windows but still legible.

Cheers
Chris Kelley

http://www.chriskelley.tv
Paul Tuersley

I've updated this script to v1.3.

Along with a few minor bug fixes, I've attempted to make the text formatting work better on Windows. As I don't have a pc to test it on, I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if it's any better.
ymmij

Paul Tuersley wrote:I've updated this script to v1.3.

Along with a few minor bug fixes, I've attempted to make the text formatting work better on Windows. As I don't have a pc to test it on, I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if it's any better.
I have just tried 1.3 in AE 8 and the window layout is a little messed up. Will you be coming out with an updated version for AE 8. One of my favorite scripts.

Thanks,

Russ
Paul Tuersley

Are you running it on Mac or Windows? I can see the layout is a little messed up on Mac AE8, but it would be good to know how it looks on Windows before I attempt to tidy it up.

It'd be great if someone could try the script on Windows AE8 and send a screenshot to me at paul.tuersley@btinternet.com
ymmij

Paul Tuersley wrote:Are you running it on Mac or Windows? I can see the layout is a little messed up on Mac AE8, but it would be good to know how it looks on Windows before I attempt to tidy it up.

It'd be great if someone could try the script on Windows AE8 and send a screenshot to me at paul.tuersley@btinternet.com
I am running on a Mac so can't help you with Windows.

Thanks,

Russ
Paul Tuersley

I've posted an update to this script. It's been nearly two years since the last one!

New in v1.4:
Fixed layout in CS3
Improved sorting and layout of results.
Fix for silently truncated results in AE6.5 & 7.
Progress report in Info panel.

Hopefully this will also fix the layout in Windows CS3. Thanks to Rich and Alan for sending me screenshots way back.
Cptzap

Hello!

Thank you for this superb script! It has comed in handy for a lot of projects. I have a question for you.
Is it possible to make a script that can go through all text layers in a project and find layers, based upon a request, that
use certain fonts or words?

:)

- Cptzap