pt_SSA Karaoke Animator

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

mattblack

Hey Paul!

I'm here just to thank you.
I've made really nice karaokes thanks to your script. I love its simplicity and efficiency.
I took a look into the script, and omg, there is 1838 lines... How did you have the patience to script all of that? And just to help others?
Man, I admire and love you xD

You'll surely go to heaven :lol:

Thanks so much, keep up the excellent work!
Paul Tuersley

This is just a bump to let you all know that pt_SSAnimator_v2 is finally out of beta. Woohoo! I've updated the post at the start of this topic.

I've done a lot of work on it these last few days. Since the last beta (v2b5) I've added support for languages that flow right to left, and support for 3D text animation in CS3. Also it should be considerably more robust than before. And I've finally written a user manual! So now you actually have a good chance of figuring out how to use this thing to its full potential.

I'm very happy with this new release and eager to hear some feedback, so let me know how you get on.

Paul
afx_fan

Paul Tuersley wrote:This is just a bump to let you all know that pt_SSAnimator_v2 is finally out of beta. Woohoo! I've updated the post at the start of this topic.

I've done a lot of work on it these last few days. Since the last beta (v2b5) I've added support for languages that flow right to left, and support for 3D text animation in CS3. Also it should be considerably more robust than before. And I've finally written a user manual! So now you actually have a good chance of figuring out how to use this thing to its full potential.

I'm very happy with this new release and eager to hear some feedback, so let me know how you get on.

Paul
Great update paul thanks, looks a lot better i gonna try it right now :D
andrewman

Paul, let me say congratulations on the new script. Now with the new features, the possibilities are insane.
There's even an user guide, xDDDDDD.

Thx again.
kobyg

Paul,
This script is great !
The Right-to-Left mode (for Hebrew) works just like the English one !
I even made my own preset that uses the Bulge effect (I took the idea from your presets) and changed the colour of the highlighted letters using the Fill Effect. I followed your instructions in the user guide, and it worked great !
This user guide is very important - Thank you for writing that !

However, I have a small problem...
After I apply the script, all the text is positioned too far to the right (in AE CS3), making it go outside of the comp area, clipping the right of the text line... no matter if I use Left-to-Right or Right-to-Left. It maked that also if I use the "show preview" button...
The text is positioned in such a way that the left-most point of the text is located in the middle of the comp instead that the center of the line would be located there...

If I use the script in AE7, all the text is located too far to the left, clipping the left of the text line...

Moreover, I can't correct it by moving all the layers to the middle of the comp because I use the Bulge preset and the reference point of the Bulge effect would not be located properly if I move the text...

I see now that even the older version of the script, the beta one I've used before and didn't do that problem, makes that problem now...

Any idea what makes it do that ... ?

Koby.
kobyg

I've found the problem !
I should have formatted the text to center alignment (Center Text),
in the Paragraph Tab, before I apply the script !

Now everything works great !
XiLiM

I have a problem :cry:
Using Adobe After Effects 7.0
When I use the Script pt_SSAnimator_v2.jsx
This error occurs: Unable to execute script at line 1453. bad digit number.
Someone help me?
:(
Paul Tuersley

Did it fail when using "Show Preview" or when you imported a ssa file? If you send me the ssa file and animation preset, I'll take a look. Send to: paul.tuersley@btinternet.com

Paul
desani

Hi Paul, amazing script. I just started using AE and it's amazing. So I have a simple problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I create a text layer with the font and color I want, and even have it centered. The problem is that it's centered in the middle, and i'm trying to get the text to be centered on top. I created a new text layer and placed it on the top, then deleted it hoping that the output would put the text in the same area, but it doesnt... any help please?

Thanks in advanced.
Paul Tuersley

desani wrote:Hi Paul, amazing script. I just started using AE and it's amazing. So I have a simple problem that I just can't seem to figure out. I create a text layer with the font and color I want, and even have it centered. The problem is that it's centered in the middle, and i'm trying to get the text to be centered on top. I created a new text layer and placed it on the top, then deleted it hoping that the output would put the text in the same area, but it doesnt... any help please?

Thanks in advanced.
I'd recommend dropping the text comp into another comp and repositioning it in there.

If you were creating a custom animation preset, you could save a single Position keyframe as part of that preset. Or after running the script, you could select all the layers and move them upwards then. But these techniques may cause problems if you're using the Point Control feature.

Paul
XiLiM

Paul Tuersley wrote:Did it fail when using "Show Preview" or when you imported a ssa file? If you send me the ssa file and animation preset, I'll take a look. Send to: paul.tuersley@btinternet.com

Paul
It doesn´t open, so I can´t choose animation-presents. The error appears when I go to file>scripts>pt_SSanimator_v2.jsx

desani

Paul Tuersley wrote: I'd recommend dropping the text comp into another comp and repositioning it in there.

If you were creating a custom animation preset, you could save a single Position keyframe as part of that preset. Or after running the script, you could select all the layers and move them upwards then. But these techniques may cause problems if you're using the Point Control feature.

Paul
Is there a way to set text layer in the beginning? Cause if I have to reposition everything seperately, that would take forever.
Paul Tuersley

XiLiM wrote: It doesn´t open, so I can´t choose animation-presents. The error appears when I go to file>scripts>pt_SSanimator_v2.jsx

That is strange. It works ok here. I've looked at the script and there's nothing around line 1453 that seems like it would cause any issues, that code isn't executed when you start the script. My only suggestion at this point is to quit After Effects, find and delete the AE7 preferences, then reopen and try again.

Have you been able to run other scripts, or earlier versions of this script? And are you on Mac or PC?

desani wrote:
Paul Tuersley wrote: I'd recommend dropping the text comp into another comp and repositioning it in there.

Is there a way to set text layer in the beginning? Cause if I have to reposition everything seperately, that would take forever.
Not in the current version. But I have suggested three different ways of repositioning everything in one step, so you don't have to do them separately. Let me know if you want me to explain them better.

Paul
Darco

Hi all ^^

Before all, thanks for all ur work on it :D

I've an problem when i import presets too, the problem does not appear all the time.

the error message : Sorry, there was an unknown problem applying this effect

Help me pleas :]

Thanks.
Paul Tuersley

Does it work ok if you use "Show Preview" and one of the built-in presets? Is it only if you try importing an ssa file, or only when you use animation presets that you've created? Also, are you on Mac/PC, and which version of AE are you using?

If you send me whatever I need to reproduce the problem (the animation preset, the ssa file), I'll take a look. Send to: paul.tuersley@btinternet.com

Paul