pt_SSA Karaoke Animator

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

Paul Tuersley

The easiest way would be to parent your new layer to the Ball layer, and turn the Ball layer off.
krisztian922

Paul Tuersley wrote:The easiest way would be to parent your new layer to the Ball layer, and turn the Ball layer off.
Thanks for that, and if you don't mind i got another question about bouncing ball effect. I tried but couldn't make bouncing ball effect to my karaoke if i change the text flow settings to top to bottom. I tried to make a preset where i changed the rotation in an animator to 90 and in the transform settings to 90 as well to make it with left to right text flow but with a bouncing ball and with top to botton look. Somehow it doesn't want to go as i wanted it ^^'
Paul Tuersley

The top to bottom text flow mode is a bit of a hack, done by adding a line return after each character, and I don't think I've heard from anyone who's used it. I didn't implement bouncing ball for that mode as it wasn't clear what it should do, or if anyone would use it.

I think your best chance is the approach you were trying of using an animator to rotate 90 degrees, but it may not be possible. How do you imagine the bouncing ball working in top to bottom mode?

It would help if you could send screenshots or a project that shows what you're trying to achieve.

Paul
krisztian922

http://www.mediafire.com/?5bnt2l2v6vevmke
There is a link to my project and the preset i try to use. In the comp 1 composition i used a line first with your script then i made a simple line with the settings i would like to make it. In the preset i made an animator to change the rotation of each character to -90 so it will be made with left to right text flow and also with bouncing ball effect and i would just rotate the whole composition with 90 degree so it would look like it was made with a top to bottom text flow yet it was done with left to right. The only problem is that even if at the Test line in the preset it shows well, each character gets the -90 degree but after i use it with the script i get the whole line in top to bottom text flow.
So basically my idea is to change the characters rotation to -90 then the whole composition's rotation to 90 so the bouncing ball effect would be good too, i just have no idea how to make it if this way is no good.