Tracker2Mask: new tracker-assisted rotoscoping tool

All things .jsx

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

mmohl

There are different options:
(a) Use my script MochaImport (www.aescripts.com/mochaimport) to import Mocha Corner Pin Data as four AE trackpoints.
(b) Copy-and-paste the position-keyframes of your NULL to the attachpoint data of a new trackpoint such that the trackpoint moves with your NULL without the need to really track anything with it.
(c) For the local mode of Tracker2Mask create a new dummy point and copy and paste the position of your NULL or parent it to the NULL.

Best Mathias
mmohl

For the rotation: This is not possible with Tracker2Mask. The best here is probably to place the mask on a rotating layer.
Simma

Thank you for your reply. Seems simple enough to work with position data.

Is rotation something you're developing or maybe it's not even possible?
mmohl

In principle, rotoation could be done, but it is difficult to integrate in the interface in an intuitive way: Currently Tracker2Mask works with an arbitrary number of trackpoints. Rotation works only for exactly 2 Trackpoints and it is not clear to me, around which point everything should rotate. Therefore I don't plan an extension in this way currently.

Maybe one could do something like "Layer2Mask" where you apply the translation, rotation and scale of a layer to a mask. This would allow to transfer a mask from a moving layer to a static (or differently moving) one. But I don't see many useful applications for this, do you?