Script to Slice a large Comp canvas Into cropped-Precomps.

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

dushyantk

I posted this in Script Requests also, but got not a single response, so thought of trying my luck here :)
Can someone help me out with this kind of stuff. I've searched this forum throughly but din't find a perfect solution.

Basically I've a large comp size and want to render it into small pieces, crop option in output module works but there's no way I see to change these values dynamically through a script. So...I still want to render entire canvas (not just one cropped area) but in Slices. I found a similar script here: http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_Slicer but it only slices the canvas, precomps of these sliced layer will still be of the size of the mainComp. I've also tried Paul's script to crop precomps, but I guess it only works for imported psd files.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
nab

See if SplitImage fits your needs ("This script allows you to split the selected project item into rectangular pieces.").
dushyantk

Thanks-a-ton, exactly what I needed, need some modifications for automated rendering, but I guess I'll manage that.
Thanks. :D