Are custom effects still not scriptable (CS6+) ?

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

berniebernie

Hello, I know this was impossible in the past but

Is there a way to write/read custom data ? I'm thinking 'black box' type effects -- Optical Flares, Looks etc... or even histogram/curve?

Looking at PropertyValueType.CUSTOM_VALUE, there's no way, short of asking the user to save an FFX

thanks

bernie
Boom boom boom.
beginUndoGroup

For CUSTOM_VALUE (eg curves) AND NO_VALUE (eg gradient), it is not even possible to read the value (there is no object designed to wrap the value data).

By the way, how would you save a preset by script, even if there is no such type of value involved ?
berniebernie

beginUndoGroup wrote:For CUSTOM_VALUE (eg curves) AND NO_VALUE (eg gradient), it is not even possible to read the value (there is no object designed to wrap the value data).

By the way, how would you save a preset by script, even if there is no such type of value involved ?
use the call UI command function on "Save Animation Preset", grab the ffx from where the user saved it (the desktop), move to proper presets directory, apply FFX preset. The ugly bit is that a UI pops up to save the ffx, but it does save any effect.
Boom boom boom.
beginUndoGroup

Ah thank you. I forgot about the MenuCommands.