add an additional Output Module

Find out why the . goes before the /

Moderator: Paul Tuersley

lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

is there a way to add a second Output Module to a RenderQueue item?

i can't seem to find and way to do this.. I can remove no problem.. just can't add new ones..
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

i went digging around other scripts and found it.. of course it's not documented in the scripting guide which is not a surprise..

Code: Select all

app.project.renderQueue.item(index).outputModules.add();
nab

I've had the exact same problem this evening!
I've tried different approches (duplicate(), executeCommand()...) with no success and spent 1/2 hour in the Guide to find the solution.
(I should have checked the forum first, it took me 2 minutes to find this post).

The add() method for OMCollection is actually documented in the Guide (or should I say 'mentioned'), not in the OMCollection or Collection Object section, as we might expect, but on page 193 for AE7 or page 186 for AECS3..."hidden" in the Object Summary at the very end of the documentation.
lloydalvarez
Enhancement master

I must give props to Todd Kopriva of Adobe who has really put a massive effort in trying to reverse the legacy of bad documentation at Adobe.. Not only did he do a much better job writing the manuals for CS3, but he has been very active in getting the word out about the live help docs that can be commented by users so that anything that might be missing or not clear can be fixed without waiting for adobe to do it..

You can find the live help docs here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/

-Lloyd